background

Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 137: Winery Finery

Ever since some nonstick cooking spray fell out of the cabinet and onto my right foot two weeks ago, it's been pretty painful to wear heels. If it keeps up for much longer, I'll have to go to a doctor about it, but I'm hoping this foot/toe injury will heal itself.  In the meantime, I'm only wearing heels to sit at my desk and am focusing on sneakers, boots, and flats the rest of the time.

On Sunday, Dave and I went with my parents and our nephew Josh to the Renault Winery for brunch.  I wore the dress that I wore as a bridesmaid in my sister-in-law's wedding.  It was a little dressy for a brunch buffet, but I'm definitely keeping it and don't have a whole lot of fancy dress-wearing occasions planned yet for this holiday season.  The day of Rebecca's wedding, I started to iron the sash belt on this dress, and I melted a hole right through it! Luckily, with a sewing kit from the front desk, I was able to cut out the burned parts and stitch the rest of it back together with room to spare so it still ties in the back. You can't even tell what happened!

Dress: Anthropologie
Tights: Gift from Dave or Mom (I don't like buying them for myself)
Flats: Candie's via Famous Footwear
Bracelet: Gift from Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. I really love this dress! It looks very "winery" :) I think keeping it was a good call. It is pretty and flattering, and I think it is pretty easy to dress down with the right tights and footwear.

    ReplyDelete