background

Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 141: Happy Thanksgiving!

Way back in 2008, the Phillies were awesome. As a life-long fan, the excitement and surprise at their talent was unfamiliar and the best feeling ever. In one play-off game the next year, when we were still feeling good, the Phils were down and nerves were high, when Ryan Howard came to the plate and saved the day with a double. The legend is that he was in the dugout, ready to deliver a game-winner, and told his teammates, "Get me to the plate, boys." And that quote was great, because it worked. So then Dave gave me this shirt for my birthday, and when I wore it--in the middle of my birthday party--the Phils lost to the Giants and the season was over for the good guys.  You may remember that Ryan Howard was particularly asleep at the plate. And he's been in a slump ever since. So while this shirt was once awesome, now it is just sad, which is why it is now my Thanksgiving shirt. Thanksgiving with Dave's family is casual, and there were plenty of boys there, so it made sense to me!


Tee: Gift from Dave
Red shirt: Betsy's
Chinos: Banana Republic
Jacket: Gift from Mom, Old Navy
Shoes: Converse via TJ Maxx

No comments:

Post a Comment